Passion Flower Tea is a hot, soothing tea that is said to help promote a restful nights sleep. It is said to reduce stress and anxiety. Enjoy this lovely tea with or without milk and honey, at bedtime or any time of the day!
How to Make Passion Flower Tea
Hi Everyone, it's always a good time for some soothing tea, right? This Passion Flower Tea is served hot or iced and goes great with honey or you can leave it unsweetened. This is a tea that can be enjoyed year round and is very easy to make.
We are using bMAKER dried, food grade passion flower to make this Passion Flower Tea.
I love enjoying Passion Flower tea during the day or before bed. It has a benefit of promoting a restful nights sleep which is wonderful. You can make it by the cup or in a tea pot.
Full disclaimer: I want to preface this recipe with encouraging you to talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns about Passion Flower Tea, it might not be good if you are taking certain medications. I am certainly not a doctor, just a tired mom who enjoys her herbal tea!
Benefits of Passion Flowers*
Passion flower is native to Central, South America and you can use just the leaves or the whole plant. It has traditionally been used to heal bruises and cuts.
- is said to relive stress, depression and anxiety
- is said to help with any nervous restlessness and gastrointestinal spasms
- promotes a restful nights sleep, helping with insomnia
- has been used to treat women in menopause, experiencing hot flashes
- it has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- reduces hypertension, lowers blood pressure
A description of passion flower, as quoted from the bMAKER package:
"Passion flower is cultivated and harvested for its leaves, stems and flowers, which produce a lovely tea. It is often combined with other calming herbs in tea blends, including valerian, lemon balm and hops."
Important Precautions with Passion Flower (Tea)
- do not take if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or if you have liver damage or disease - please, consult your doctor
- passion flower can interfere with blood thinning and blood pressure medications, again please consult your doctor, if you have any concerns
- since passion flower has sedative effects, it's important to not consume it before or while driving or operating any machinery for safety reasons - let's be safe people!
- I would also venture to say, if you suffer from sleep apnea, I would consult your doctor before consuming passion flower
Make sure to cover the cup (or teapot) when steeping the tea, to keep all the beneficial oils within the tea.
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Making Passion Flower Tea
- tea kettle
- tea sac tea bag or tea diffuser
- tea pot for steeping the tea
- spoon for stirring
- heat safe mug
- honey dipper, optional, if using honey
If you try this Passion Flower Tea and you like it, give it a rating and let us know in the comments below. Thank you for reading and following along!
How to Make Passion Flower Tea
- 1-2 teaspoons dried, food grade passion flower tea
- 1 cup hot water
- milk or nutmilk, optional, amount to taste
- honey or preferred sweetener, optional, amount to taste
1. Place 1-2 teaspoons dried, passion flower in a heat safe mug, set aside.
2. On the stove top, bring tea kettle to a boil.
3. When the water is boiling, carefully pour the hot water over the dried passion flowers. Cover to steep 5-8 minutes.
4. When it's done steeping, using a spoon remove any floating passion flowers. *note you can use a tea diffuser or T-Sac filter (link below) to help separate the tea leaves from the water.
- To make a larger amount, you can use a teapot to steep and just adjust the amount of dried passion flower, depending on the amount of water it holds. I suggest using a tea diffuser or T-Sac to help filter the tea leaves.
Also in Recipes
Flower Ice Cubes make any cold drink a whole lot "extra" - make water, sparkling drinks, wine, cocktails, mocktails, iced coffee and tea, floral and more beautiful. Great serving idea for entertaining and parties!
This easy, Rosemary Soap recipe is a “heat and pour” soap recipe. It is fragrant, customizable with your favorite ingredients and essential oils, if you chose. This Rosemary Soap makes a great holiday or birthday gift; use it as a guest soap or a “treat-yourself” spa soap. Give this fun and easy DIY soap recipe a try today!
This easy, Orange Peel Soap recipe is a "heat and pour" soap recipe. It is fragrant, customizable with your favorite ingredients and essential oils, if you chose. This Orange Peel Soap makes a great holiday or birthday gift; use it as a guest soap or a "treat-yourself" spa soap. Give this fun and easy DIY soap recipe a try today!