Guest post by Sara Maniez from Life's Little Sweet
Lavender Rose Shortbread is a herb-infused, classic shortbread cookie, dipped in dark chocolate and decorated with dried lavender and rose petals.
Lavender Rose Shortbread
Hi Everyone, may I present this lovely Lavender Rose Shortbread. It is a classic shortbread recipe that is herb-infused with dried lavender and rose petals, then dipped in dark chocolate and adorned with chopped pecans and more lavender and rose petals.
This Lavender Rose Shortbread would be perfect with tea or coffee, making it a pretty and sweet addition to any brunch table. I can also see them as a treat to bring as a dessert to a gathering or even for a special birthday party.
The rose petals are so subtle but they are the perfect pairing to lavender and there's a secret ingredient that adds a freshness: lime zest.
Ingredients for Lavender Rose Shortbread
- 1-1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cups granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender, plus more for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon rose petals, plus more for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 ounces (283.8 grams) dark chocolate melting wafers, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans or nuts of your choice, plus more for garnishing
I know you will love this oh-so-pretty Lavender Rose Shortbread recipe if you make it, let me know the occasion you are making it for in the comments below!
1-1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter
2/3 cups granulated white sugar
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
2 teaspoons dried lavender, plus more for garnishing
1 teaspoon rose petals, plus more for garnishing
1 teaspoon lime zest
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
10 ounces (283.8 grams) dark chocolate melting wafers, melted
1 tablespoon chopped pecans or nuts of your choice, plus more for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Grease 2 (9 inches) round cake pans (or line with parchment paper) set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together, the unsalted butter, granulated white sugar and confectioners sugar. The mixture should be light and fluffy. Add in the dried lavender, rose petals and lime zest.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, cornstarch, and kosher salt. Gradually, add into the butter mixture until combined.
- Divide the dough into 2. Press first dough into the first prepared cake pan evenly. Repeat with the 2nd cake pan. Using a fork, prick the pressed dough to prevent bubbling up when baking.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes in the preheated oven, until edges are slightly golden; the shortbread should still be white. Cool on wire racks for 5-10 minutes before slicing and removing from pan.
- After 5-10 minutes, slice and place shortbread on the wire racks to cool completely. If you lined the cake pans with parchment, you can just easily lift the shortbread from the pan before slicing.
- Line a 2 rimmed baking sheets with wax or parchment paper, set aside. To keep it from sliding around, you can crinkle it up and then spread it in the baking sheet; it will stay put better this way.
- Melt the dark chocolate melting wafers, bowl at 15-30 second intervals, until melted, stirring in between. (defer to the instructions on the package)
- Dip the completely cooled shortbread into the melted chocolate and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with dried lavender, rose petals and chopped pecans. Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to set quickly.
- Alternately, you can drizzle the melted chocolate over the shortbread before slicing and decorate with the dried lavender, rose petals and chopped pecans before it hardens.
Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to set quickly. Serve and Enjoy!
About the Author
Sara is an architectural designer turned work-at-home Mom.She lives in NJ with her husband, two kids under 5 and dog. She loves design, being creative and spending time with family and friends.She enjoys and shares baking, vegan, traditional & family recipes as well as DIY, lifestyle, organization and design ideas.
Also in Recipes
Hops Flower Tea is floral, slightly bitter tea with soothing, relaxingeffects. You can enjoy it hot or cold with ice.
Jasmine Flower Tea is a floral, hot (or cold/iced) and fragrant, white tea. It's aromatic, soothing and subtle.
Passion Flower Tea is a hot, soothing tea that is said to help promote a restful nights sleep. It is said to reduce stress and anxiety. Enjoy this lovely tea with or without milk and honey, at bedtime or any time of the day!