This Hops-Infused Golden Milk recipe is a hot, comforting, spiced drink that can have relaxing effects due to the infusion of hops flowers. Hops flowers are known for calming nerves and promotes relaxation. Enjoy this delicious, vibrant, hot drink (dairy-free/vegan option, 2 servings)
Hops-Infused Golden Milk
Hi Everyone, are you looking for a hot drink that will get you through those Fall and Winter months? You have to try this Hops-Infused Golden Milk.
That gorgeous color is due to anti-inflammatory ground turmeric. This golden milk drink also includes cinnamon, ginger, pepper and cardamom.
For this recipe, we are using food grade, edible dried hops flowers.
Hops are added to herb pillows, often in combination with lavender, Valerian, dill and other herbs reputed to promote relaxation. A cup of this tea is said to calm nerves and reduce anxiety feelings.
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Hops-Infused Golden Milk
- Small-medium saucepan
- Wet measure
- Measuring spoons
- t-sac (tea infusion pouch)
- 2 Heat safe mugs
Hops-Infused Golden Milk
- 2 cups milk or same amount coconut, almond milk, cashew, soy milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (Saigon is most fragrant)
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger, or ½ inch fresh ginger, skin removed and grated
- 1-2 tablespoons wildflower honey or maple syrup for a vegan option
- 1 cardamom pod, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 1-2 tablespoons dried hops flowers
- On the stove top, in a small-medium saucepan, over low-medium heat, pour 2 cups milk, add turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and honey or maple syrup (you can also add the sweetener after). Whisk ingredients to combine. Bring to a simmer.
- In a t-sac (tea infusion pouch), add dried hops flowers and optional cardamom pod. When the mixture is at a simmer, remove the saucepan from heat. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional). Clip the t-sac to the side of the saucepan and infuse for 2-6 minutes. When the time is up remove the t-sac.
- Pour into heat safe mugs. Top with more honey or maple syrup, if you chose, enjoy!
Also in Recipes
This Heather Flower Tea is a hot, strong herbal drink that helps sooth a cough, cold, congestion among other health issues. Here is a tutorial on How to make Heather Tea to help get you through Wintertime or any time you are in need of restoration.
This Deluxe Bath Bomb Making Kit with Dried Flowers has lavender and rose dried flowers and essential oil, sweet almond oil and all the ingredients that you need to make beautiful, naturally-scented bath bombs. The kit also includes cellophane gift bags with ties and “Homemade with Love” labels, making it great for gift giving!
This recipe has turmeric, cinnamon, fresh ginger and is infused with dried chrysanthemum flowers. It’s a comforting, spiced take on chia pudding and goes great with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup on top!