This Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Lemonade recipe is a sweet, tart and refreshing drink to level up your regular lemonade recipe. When making this recipe, as you add the lemon juice, it turns from an all natural dark blue to purple-pink thanks to the Blue Butterfly Pea Flowers.
Hi Everyone, are you ready to up level your lemonade game? There are a myriad of holidays and gathering throughout the where this Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Lemonade would be perfect to serve.
This recipe has tart flavor of lemon and the refreshing quality of Blue Butterfly Pea Flower tea in the simple syrup used in the recipe. When you combine these qualities with the sweetness of sugar and honey, you have the perfect combination for a homemade and truly unique drink.
If you are 21+, you could add a splash of vodka or tequila and the possibilities are endless for a pretty and festive cocktail.
Helpful Kitchen Tools Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Lemonade
- citrus squeezer
- chef's knife
- cutting board
- glasses for serving
- straws for serving
- ice trays for making ice cubes
If you make this Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Lemonade, let me know in the comments below!
Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Lemonade Recipe
- 1 1/4-1 1/2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 recipe Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Simple Syrup
- 4-6 cups filtered or spring water
- ice for serving
- extra dried edible pea flowers for garnishing
- lemon slices for serving and garnishing
- honey for serving
- Add the Blue Butterfly Simple Syrup to the beverage dispenser or pitcher
- Add 4-6 cups water
- Add lemon juice
- Stir, add lemon slices and add ice for serving or chill 2 hours or overnight. Adjust for taste, adding more sugar or honey if you want it more sweet or more lemon juice if you want it more tart.
- Add honey and garnish with dried blue butterfly pea flowers to garnish. Garnish with more lemon slices if you chose, Enjoy!
- Tip: You can chill the serving glasses for 5-10 minutes before using
Also in Recipes
This recipe has turmeric, cinnamon, fresh ginger and is infused with dried chrysanthemum flowers. It’s a comforting, spiced take on chia pudding and goes great with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup on top!
This Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea recipe can be enjoyed either hot or cold and tastes delicious with lemon or lime which changes the color from an indigo blue to a purple-pink! You can also add wildflower honey to sweeten this delicious and refreshing tea drink.
Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Simple Syrup is a sweet and delicious base for any iced drink or cocktail recipe. It has brewed Blue Butterfly Pea Flower tea mixed with sugar to make a sweet syrup. If you add citrus to it, it turns from deep blue to bright pink before your eyes!